Monday 20 June 2011

Apology

I'm sorry my last few blog posts have been rather rushed. As you can see, I am keeping up pretty well with seeing the 52 plays, but finding the time to write about them is proving rather more of a challenge.

Please bear with me and stick with this blog, the entries will get better again, I promise! The reason this was been rather more rushed recently is because I am co-directing a play with Breakfast Cat Theatre Company. My co-director is my clever boyfriend James.

The play we are performing is the classic Confusions by Alan Ayckbourn. Here's the sell:

Confusions, from one of England's most popular and prolific playwrights, uses five inter-linked one-act plays to cover themes of obsession, isolation and human desire for companionship, all played out against a backdrop of the British suburban middle class. From frenetic farces to melancholy pieces, it is engaging, funny and occasionally touching. With a strong cast of Breakfast Cat regulars and a healthy dose of new faces, this production promises to be the highlight of the summer.


It really will be good, even if I say so myself. We have a simply cracking cast and some great ideas. We want to give you the traditional play you know and love, but refresh it a little bit with extra touches to make the play a joy for those who have seen it before.

So come and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment